Custom Metal Injection Molding Parts and Components for Various Industries
FineMIM offers our customers a new dimension in shape complexity and component performance by utilizing Metal Injection Molding (MIM). MIM can economically produce complex shapes beyond the capability of conventional Powder Metallurgy.
Metal Injection Molding is capable of making parts with features such as OD/ID threads and undercuts without the need for secondary machining. In addition, the fine particle size used in Metal Injection Molding feedstock allows for sintered densities that are close to theoretical density vs. the 80 ~ 90% density achievable through conventional press/sinter. The combination of fine grain size and high density gives MIM components properties matching those of their wrought counter parts.
The global metal injection molding (MIM) market is projected to grow on account of rapid industrialization across the world. Rapid growth experienced by this industry attributes to increasing demand from end-use industries such as:
Some specific applications of Metal Injection Molding (MIM) produced parts include:
- Housing blocks
- Compressed air nozzles
- Rifle and revolver components, including handle bodies and yokes
- Lock bars, pins, and racks
- Orthodontic brackets
- Parts for surgical tools, including pins and suturing devices
- Handcuff parts
- Mobile phone hinges and sliders, sim tray
- Electrical connectors
- Watch casings
- Gears and latches
- Earphone and Headsets parts
Metal Injection Molding Materials:
- Stainless Steel: 304L, 316L, 17-4 PH, 420, 430, 440
- Titanium Alloy: Ti-6Al-4V
- Superalloys: Inconel, Hastelloy, Co-based Low Alloy Steels, 2-8% Ni (4600, 4650)
- Magnetic Alloys: 2-6% Si-Fe, 50% Ni-Fe, 50% Co-Fe
- Controlled Expansion Alloys: Fe-36Ni (Invar), F-15 (Kovar)
- Electrical Materials: Pure Copper, Beryllium-Copper, Brass
- Tool Steels: AISI M2, M3/2, M4, T15, M42, D2
- Heavy Alloys: Tungsten-Copper, W-Fe-Ni, Molybdenum-Copper, Custom compostions to suit customer specifications
FineMIM sets itself apart from our competition through service, innovation, and knowledge and offer:
- Material expertise with experienced metallurgists and injection molding specialists directing development and production.
- State-of-the-Art equipment for high precision, complex components.
- Wide selection of materials from the usual structural, stainless, and soft magnetic steels; to the exotic tool steels, Invar, Kovar, and high conductivity copper.
- A culture dedicated to quality and complete customer satisfaction.